What is Business Process Management (BPM)?
BPM is a disciplined approach to identify, design, execute, document, measure, monitor and control both automated and non-automated business processes to achieve consistent and targeted results aligned with the organization's strategic goals.
The BPM Life-Cycle
- Process Design and Modeling: high level business process mapping and understanding how the process works
- Develop, Test and Deploy: validate process design. Software and process implementation. Pilot runs
- Process Execution: process launch and interaction with end users
- Monitor and Control: Measure key performance indicators (KPIs) and view these versus SLAs. Understand the bottlenecks and inefficiencies
- Optimization: continuous improvement. Reduce the bottlenecks and inefficiencies. Fine tune the process