The Sigma level denotes quantitatively how well a process is performing within customer specifications. To achieve Six Sigma, a process must not produce more than 3.4 defects per million opportunities.
How is Six Sigma deployed in the BPO industry?
Increasing end-user and customer satisfaction (CSat) is one of the most important activities for every service provider. CSat as a KPI (key performance indicator) has a lot of prominence in the service contracts and performance dashboards. Six Sigma has been deployed extensively by BPOs to collect and analyze Voice of the Customer and improve their CSat scores. “Increase in Customer Satisfaction” is one of the most common Six Sigma projects across BPO verticals.
Given below is a list of common Six Sigma projects in the BPO industry:
- Reduction in average handle time (AHT) or turnaround time (TAT)
- Productivity improvement (calls or cases processed per hour or per individual)
- Increase in Accuracy (reduction in defects or fatal errors)
- Reduction in Employee Attrition
- Reduction in cost per transaction (call / case etc.)
- Reduction in Backlogs (average age or % of transactions not processed on time)
- Improvement in Forecast Accuracy (Staffing & Scheduling)